FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New United Ad Campaign: “Good Leads The Way” & branding / website changes
Old May 16, 2022, 2:28 pm
PTahCha
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
What if UA figured out how much better they could do if all the passengers got off a flight and told friends/family, "Gee, that pretty good food on the plane today". Nah....

But we got "150 different pieces of video, digital, social and out-of-home content" to chew on....
Goes back to most people don't buy plane tickets based on food (or lack thereof). It's a topic that only FlyerTalkers would love, but non-sequitur for everyone else.

Originally Posted by jpezaris
Meh. Good. Leaves me flat. Why not Greatness Leads the Way? Or Excellence in All Things? Or Passengers, United, the World.

That was with 10 seconds of thought. Any of them could be used to draw a line from doing good in the world, which is apparently the virtue they wish to signal, to providing world-class service, which one can only hope they are trying to inspire their staff to provide.

Seriously, United, a campaign about Good is not good enough.

Every morning when I drop my kids off at school, I have them repeat to me that, "today, I will do my very best." United's marketing team appears to have missed that message.
Because they'll end up over-promise and under-deliver, and be used as a punchline by late night show hosts. See exhibit "Be Best".