FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska + Singapore Airlines (SQ) Partnership - Earning, Redeeming and Questions
Old May 16, 2022, 1:39 pm
DUT

Programs: MVPG
All

I have two SQ business AS mileage award round trip on SQ from California to Phuket and back June 1-16.

On the SingaporeAir website when pulling up our reservations, one of the four legs (SQ740 SIN-HKT) is showing “reserved”, not “confirmed”. All other legs are showing as confirmed. I’ll try to add a screenshot below.

Initially, this presented as an issue where we could not select our business class seats. Now that we are closer to flight time, we cannot book meals. And on day of departure, per SQ, they say we will not be able to fly this leg as we are not confirmed. They added that AS did not ticket properly and nothing they can do to assist as it’s Alaska 027 ticket stock and not theirs. While we have space allocation, AS hasn’t yet issued the ticket properly and we won’t make it past Singapore.

After hours of phone calls with both Singapore and Alaska, AS continues to say nothing is wrong, reissues the ticket (again, now up to the 5th time) and Singapore says we only have valid ticket to Singapore.

Sorry, I’m probably not explaining this effectively and not sure I’ve posted in best thread, but have any of you experienced this when redeeming AS miles on SQ flights? Any thoughts on how I can get AS to correct? Or is it SQ to correct?

Thanks, DUT

Showing SIN -HKT reserved 👎

Showing LAX - SIN confirmed 👍

Last edited by DUT; May 16, 2022 at 1:45 pm