FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS new rule changes
View Single Post
Old Nov 24, 2004, 7:30 am
thadocta
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Qantas seems to have become the town whore - out to screw as many people as possible.

It started off with the introduction of Australian Airlines, taking over some routes - only a few flights at first, but expanding greatly - with no SC's or points (I can handle the "no points" part).

Then it went on to DeathStar, with no SC's, and the consequent reduction of QF flights. So my 10 flights between SYD and OOL and back, which *should* have earnt me 200 SC's, are useless, likewise my flights to HBA and LST from MEL.

Now it appears like they were looking for a way to stuff around those who they could not get via the JQ/AO stuff - and the have succeeded.

If Qantas were specifically *looking* for a way to screw people over, they could not have done better than the current program changes.

And I hope all of the Qantas staffers who read this board pass it on to their superiors. I have already been comped Star Gold on UA (subject to providing them with evidence of my SG status - so I get a status higher than what I already have), and I am sure I will not be the first.

Dave