FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trianon Palace Versailles, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {FRA} (France)
Old May 15, 2022, 9:49 pm
krazykanuck
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I thought I posted my experience from my stay in January. Guess I forgot. I had a one night stay here on an FHR rate because I wanted to check out Versailles and the January rate was just a hair over a $200 Amex Platinum FHR credit I wanted to burn in 2021. Overall, I was not really happy with the stay as a result of multiple service failures, though the hard product was decently good.

In more detail, I arrived and was upgraded (I guess) to a room in the main building with a internal/garden view of some type, not that I could really tell the difference vs what I booked. The room was very nice, albeit a bit warm. I went out exploring the city, gardens, etc. and had a nice afternoon walking around. The indoor pool at the hotel is really nice, especially in the winter. I also had dinner at the restaurant in the hotel which was very good. Exorbitantly overpriced, but it was fully covered by the on property FHR credit, I wouldn't have had dinner there if I was paying cash out of pocket. However this is where the problems began. I mentioned the room was warm, however, it didn't seem like the HVAC controls did anything. Setting the temp lower didn't cool the room down and it was uncomfortably sweltering when in bed. I also needed to set a wake up call for the morning and upon calling, nobody answered the phone. Multiple times. I got dressed to go downstairs and there's nobody at the front desk! Wondered the first floor, nobody's home. It took about 5 minutes before somebody finally shows up and said he's the only one working that night. Finally, I woke up at 6am to catch my train and found a cockroach sitting on my toothbrush. Gave it a good smash and left it, and the toothbrush, on the counter.

Now I will say that this has all been remedied to my satisfaction. No thanks to the hotel itself, which after multiple emails offered a make up night later in the year, subject to availability Like after that do you think I'd even want to come back? Our always helpful Hilton Lurker, William, put the feedback into the right hands and fixed it.