FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS new rule changes
View Single Post
Old Nov 24, 2004, 4:19 am
stuartm

Programs: QF WP, Hilton Diamond
Just my 2 Cents..

At the end of this, there will be a whole heap of additional WP's, if you are SG or below, don't think you will get an points upgrade at all - only if you are lucky :-(.

If you don't earn all of your points, but do some through credit cards such as Amex, then MH may be a good idea to London or Paris (!) - for 200k plus 160k (companion fare) = 360k for 2 F tickets. (With Amex 2 points = 1 FF Point) - i.e 720k points, compare that to Qantas at 384k Each (Have I got this right?) , MH is a better deal. (and they will soon have a new F and J)

After just calling them (MH) and asking them for availability one some dates next year in F guess what, availablity on the 4 days or so, QF however have no FF seats in Z!..

Anyway, just a thought - there are alternatives of course. However should you have a paid seat in J, and want to get into Z and you are a WP then I think the chances will be great.. Just how will they allocate if there are 3 seats, and 5 WP's - will they do it based on when you waitlisted, how many status credits, how many lifetime status credits, or will it be based on your surname (A's go first), or of course the best one, the lower your FF number..

I guess this is one way to help buy those new aircraft next year - for the accountants out there, with it costing quite a lot more to redeem a flight will this mean that they will get to reduce the liability on their balance sheet (I have not checked if its on there) meaning that the liability may be reduced 15 to 20% - effecting their gearing?

Anyway enough rambling... Be interested in your thoughts, or have I just had one too many glasses of Cloudy Bay.. :-)

Cheers

Stuart

Last edited by stuartm; Nov 24, 2004 at 4:21 am