FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old May 14, 2022, 12:18 am
lsquare
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by khabah
It’s been posited on this and other forums that this hotel games its inventory and makes it nearly impossible to use a Cat 4 certificate, as well as posing issues with redeeming points for regular, non-club rooms.

I’m looking at a three-night stay in Paris at the end of the month, and the only room I could find on points was a club twin at 21K a night, compared to 650+ EUR a night paid in a regular room. Yes, it’s summer in Paris, but for three nights as someone outside the US without a Hyatt credit card and less than 100K points in their account, wiping out 63K points for three nights for a room with benefits I’d automatically get on account of being a Globalist, this doesn’t strike me as a good deal and I’m looking at non-Hyatt properties. I’ve been monitoring availability, and shortly after booking a club twin here just to secure it, all points availability evaporated for two days, then reappeared with another club twin and a premium suite available as well as paid rates across multiple room types, and it’s now down to just one king bed under a “guaranteed availability” rate.

Who knows.

khabah
Just to be clear, even though this hotel has rooms available for booking with points doesn't mean I can use a Cat 1-4 certificate here?