FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Should Hold Preferred First/Business Seats for Paid F/J & CK
Old May 13, 2022, 4:06 pm
Antarius
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by WeekendTraveler
I think that the ramifications of proposals in this thread are getting out of hand.
Most definitely

Originally Posted by WeekendTraveler
In my case, all I ask is that AA keep ONE first-class seat open until upgrades are cleared at the gate, and that a paid first-class passenger be allowed to have that seat in priority over anyone who bought a coach seat and is upgrading.

That's all I'm asking. As someone who keeps buying FC tickets but ends up in a coach seat and a refund of only a portion of the fare difference between FC and coach that I paid, all I'm asking for is what I paid for.
I don't disagree with you here at all and IME, this is what AA does normally with regards to inventory. Many flights are J1 (some are J0, but no one clears upgrades on those unless they happened to clear a few when it was J7 and then people bought them in the last 2 days) going into airport control. The issue that occurs is that an agent needs to know or be willing to put the DSR designation and then appropriately give you the seat. This doesn't always happen. If AA could fix this, such that IRROPS paid J are automatically the top of the list (i guess by status?) followed by the existing upgrade request order, then your issue would likely be resolved.

No problems with your point. Those that buy J/F should get J/F before upgraders.