FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US to require air travelers to provide a negative test within 1 day of departure
Old May 12, 2022, 9:19 am
kmersh

Originally Posted by DCJoe1
No, this is their "stop asking this question, we will announce it when the policy changes" statement.
I am not in business nor politics, so I am a layperson when it comes to communications, but wouldn't it better to say, I/we have no information to share at this time, when and if there are any changes, I/we will make sure it is widely publicized?

[mod edit]

Originally Posted by vanillabean
My concern is not so much taking the test and going through the whole administrative process, but rather the potentially positive test result's requirement to isolate, which is unlikely to go away anytime soon. Or maybe that's what you meant?
Yes that is part of my concern, though I can deal with the positive result if it were to occur, I just do not want to have to worry about it. I got the vaccine and the first booster (I am slightly too young to be eligible for the 2nd), so getting very sick does not worry me, but it would be a major pain in the butt logistically if I did indeed test positive.

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
That's my massive concern/fear.
I get that totally and that is what is currently keeping my wife up at night, what if we test positive before coming home, she is not so worried about being sick, but the hassle is just not relaxing and makes the entire trip not worth it.

Judging by the CDC post upthread, I am inclined to cancel for my 3rd time and just go to somewhere in the States where I will not have to worry nor deal with the testing requirement.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; May 12, 2022 at 11:56 pm Reason: Redacted off-topic comments