FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines
Old May 11, 2022, 7:17 pm
NanQuaBell

Originally Posted by oblender
I received an email from the Canadian boarder service stating that if this happens then email them and they can get it reinstated so you don't lose the conditional approval.

50% of all renewals are approved without an interview according to the Canadian boarder services.

CBSA said that you have until you can finalise your renewal. If you get a notice that your application has been cancelled you can email them to have it reinstated. I don't believe they are enforcing the 720 day policy due to the extended closure of the Canadian enrolment centres.
No, they definitely are enforcing it. 730 days past expiration of your card and that is it. A CBSA rep confirmed that to me. There have been reports of expired cards confiscated at the border by people trying to use the Nexus lane but past their 730 days. No reports of fines issued but definitely card confiscation. My husband and I have had to go regular lanes last 2 times (land) because card expired Jan 2020 and the 730 days hit. He just had his interview and received his new card today so thank goodness we are back to Nexus lanes and TSA pre check as well!