FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do OneWorld Sapphire/Emerald baggage rules apply to companions?
Old May 11, 2022, 11:28 am
jerry a. laska
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by TheRealBabushka
Indeed. Not sure if the response on 11 Aug 2015 was particularly helpful. A rather Napoleonic code response if you ask me…just because it is not spelt out on the ow website doesn’t mean it cannot be done…

I’m sure the answer is out there somewhere…
Gee, I’m sorry that you feel my response 7 years ago to the OP of this thread was not particularly helpful. The OP asked if OW Sapphire baggage benefits extended to companions, unfortunately it does not as I pointed out to the OP. I also noted that as the OP was planning to fly various and sundry airlines during his rtw trip that he should look to the baggage policies of the individual airlines he was planning to fly as individual OW members may provide extra baggage privileges to the companions of elite status members of other OW airlines; I directly pointed out the BA policy that does just that.

As for similar policies of every other OW member airline, I guess I assumed that that was quite a bit beyond what someone posting on IBB might be expected to provide especially when the OP did not specify the airlines he might be flying. Directing the OP to the individual airlines (and their forums on FT) would seem to be the most straightforward way for the original OP to obtain that information since there is no OW policy that provides that benefit.

I would suggest that the follow on question by the poster about AY might be dealt with in a similar manner by looking to the individual airline and their forum on FT as there is no OW policy that extends extra baggage benefits to companions. Here is one thread from the AY forum that might be helpful:
OneWorld Emerald/Sapphire Baggage on AY?