FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I love Alaska Airlines, but I'm flying United (shudder) next week
Old May 11, 2022, 10:50 am
VegasGambler
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One thing about UA is that they seem to be cheaper than the competition on many domestic routes right now (though they are extremely expensive internationally).

As an example, I just went to New Orleans for a few days. My PHX-MSY round trip on UA was $335, which was significantly cheaper than even the cheapest one way on AA. I had to connect, but saving 70% on the ticket makes that worthwhile. And I got upgraded on both legs of my return, and had an upgrade on my first outbound leg until I SDCed out of it. And I'm only platinum with them.

The service in F was fine. Nothing special but perfectly adequate. PDB offered (from a tray) on both legs, a snack box on MSY-DEN, and a snack bag (which was not much... a very small bag of pretzels and a biscoff) on the short DEN-PHX leg. The differences with any other airlines on such short flights is too minor to really care about. I had a very cheap ticket and got upgraded to a comfortable seat for my flights home. This isn't JAL F to Tokyo.

Last edited by VegasGambler; May 11, 2022 at 3:55 pm