FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA blames flight cancellations on Covid-19 and refuses to pay compensation
Old May 11, 2022, 5:03 am
Ladyfliestheredwhiteandblues

Programs: BAEC
I believe that both KARFA and Tobias-UK are lawyers? Correct me if I’m wrong, so I suspect when they say there could be a defence here I don’t doubt there could be. “Could” being the operative word. To my mind as a once scientist and then IT professional I think there is a world of difference between caused by the pandemic and caused by the reactions to the pandemic. Did the government’s reactions make it almost impossible to plan and run any business let alone one as complex? In my view, yes. Did BA compound those issues and make the knock on effects much worse by their own actions and penny pinching? In my view definitely yes. Now to be putting flights in timetables with an attitude that we may or may not run those and to hell with the customers we inconvenience is not a good look and I hope they don’t get away with it.
I haven’t flown since this time last year. We looked at a holiday in August and thought it may well be too risky. I’m considering transferring our points to Nectar and letting our companion vouchers expire. I really have no confidence in BA at all and this move does nothing to increase it.

Last edited by Ladyfliestheredwhiteandblues; May 11, 2022 at 5:10 am