FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA blames flight cancellations on Covid-19 and refuses to pay compensation
Old May 11, 2022, 4:54 am
scottishpoet

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
You may well be right, but affected passengers have no choice but to go the CEDR or issue county court proceedings in order to have any chance of securing compensation. If BA are confident with their defence, they could try to run it. As I say, the defence is not without merit legally speaking. They could chose one case and ride with it, for the sake of throwing a few thousands at a claim they could force it to appeal and a precedent. If successful it could save them millions! If unsuccessful it's not cost them that much more in the grand scheme of things.

The lawyer in me would love to run with a case like this. It has the hallmarks of a great lawyer's case, lots to get your teeth in to evidentially and legally.
They will not take these to court, they know fine they have a very tenious legal case. They just hope people go away.

Anyone who pays the 25% to one of these no win no fee eu261 lawyers will get their money (as i did with BA some years ago pre covid)

Do you agree we would be appauled if we saw Ryanair slash flights and refuse conpensation on the same basis?