FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA blames flight cancellations on Covid-19 and refuses to pay compensation
Old May 11, 2022, 3:20 am
Rich74

Having had a couple of short notice flight cancellations in the last few weeks I’m inclined to cut them some slack on this one. My first thought wasn’t ‘can I get compensation?’ - it was to find a new flight and get on with my day.

They’re a business in a sector that’s suffered more than most. Navigating changing rules country by country, easing of restrictions, and in some cases new lockdowns can’t be easy. It also creates uncertainty which makes perfect resource planning nigh on impossible. Add to that staff on furlough who took the opportunity to retrain and/ or seek more secure employment outside of the sector and I’m sure we can all have some sympathy with them.

I don’t deny it’s frustrating having plans changed (we’ve had to deal with it a few times recently), but well, there’s been a pandemic that’s killed millions, which has sort of changed my perspective on what matters and what doesn’t.