FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JAL (and ANA) not generous with Business/First Class Awards in 2023?
Old May 10, 2022, 9:30 am
truncated

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by psoque
Hi. I recently redeemed BA Avios to secure two JAL business class ORD-HND round trip for April 2023. I thought I started looking as soon as these awards were released, but I noticed that there weren’t much First class awards available on BA or point.me websites. I also checked ANA award space and found similar results, and actually had even less business class availability there.

Is there a good reason both JAL and ANA are not releasing as many first class (and both first class and business class for ANA) for 2023? I heard form someone who travels in premium class a lot that both first and business class seats are fairly full on man of the flights he has taken recently. Is this because of greater demand/still diminished supply?
Can't speak to JL but I believe NH is still releasing 1F 1J at 355 days out as usual — was able to find HND/NRT-JFK F/J awards (which are usually the most popular US routes and the first ones to go) for April 2023 when booking a few weeks ago