FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus in Germany
View Single Post
Old May 10, 2022, 8:39 am
mustafina

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by WindowSeatFlyer
I need to get a covid test done the day before I fly back from Germany to the US.
I have a test kit and an appointment for a supervised telehealth test, but the available time slots aren't very convenient.
I was thinking of having a rapid test done at a local test center or pharmacy instead.
Google searching located a couple of pharmacies and a couple of covid test centers close to where I'll be that day.
As a tourist, can I use a covid test center like https://lokal-testzentren.de/en/ ? I wouldn't expect it to be free for tourists.
Or should I try to locate a local pharmacy instead? Is there a directory where I can see which pharmacies in a region offers covid testing?
I've had non-German visitors get their travel tests at local free testing sites in Munich without any problem. (You have to show your passport when you sign up, so it's not as though they were trying to buck the system!) I've not done an official one for a while, but I have never been asked for proof of residency. You receive an emailed certificate with your test result - whether this is exactly the data needed for US entry, I don't know.

I think the info about test centres is held locally/by state so no national database that I'm aware of, but the Land or city you're in should provide a directory of test sites. If you tell us where in Germany you'll be, someone may be able to point you in the right direction.