FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aeroplan Status Extension 2023 through Co-Branded CC
Old May 10, 2022, 8:16 am
TheCanuckian

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Bonaventure
So I should have burned my dragon's hoard of points instead of giving AC $20k of badly needed cash. So much for incenting loyalty.
That's how I feel too. A lot of people spent a lot of money to achieve status through other promotions. Now many will be getting it for spending they'd have done otherwise. I now have very little incentive to fly AC through the rest of the year (beyond working my way toward a million miles and the other minimal perks that come with it).

What I'm wondering is if promotions like this are really all about the pandemic recovery or if they are just the way things are going to be now. It has never been so easy to gain and keep status.

It's hard to imagine a scenario in which there aren't just an inordinate amount of people holding status—and even advanced status like 75K and SE—next year, and therefore fighting to use Priority Rewards, eUpgrades, etc.

Last edited by Adam Smith; May 10, 2022 at 11:26 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user