FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
View Single Post
Old May 9, 2022, 12:56 pm
bmrisko

We were originally booked for beach BBQ last week, but it was moved at the last minute to Vilu. Luckily we had to canceled before the 12hr mark due to something else, but I would have been kind of upset to just have an expensive buffet at Vilu, considering we were there everyday for happy hour.

In regards to kid's eating for free, a lot of previous posts listed it as ymmv...however, we were never once charged for a kids meal at any restaurant. It was also varied whether or not our kid got his drink for free, 50% off or full price.

As far as happy hour, service was great, especially in the section with the couches. I think we averaged 6 -7 drinks in the hour. We tipped well and the staff seemed to know us after a couple days, so maybe that helped.

Also, watch your bill at Rangali. There were a times we went there after the HH happy hour and ordered drinks/food before 6. However, we always stayed around chatting and didn't ask for the check until after 6. On at least 2-3 instances, the drinks were all full price and we had to get it corrected, which the workers did. However, it was too common of an occurrence for me to not think it was done on purpose, or maybe their POS just isn't good with timings if you close outside of happy hour.

Last edited by bmrisko; May 9, 2022 at 1:02 pm