FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2021/22 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old May 9, 2022, 11:21 am
JHunter

Programs: AA 2MM PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
I recognize that this has probably been answered but . . . I flew LAX-LHR-TLV on 20 April, BA268/BA167 with a 1 hour connection time. BA268 arrived on time but it took them 20-25 minutes just to connect the jet bridge. As a result, I (and a number of others) missed our connection. BA rebooked me on the next Virgin Atlantic flight, VS453. Our originally scheduled arrival time was 23:55 on 21 April, per FlightAware we actually landed at 04:25 on 22 April. Given the 4+ hour delay and the trip distance >3500km (just barely), it would appear that we are due compensation of 600 Euros (510 GBP?) per person.

If someone could confirm this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, BA never handed off our luggage to VS, nor did they put it on either the originally scheduled flight (understandably) but rather on BA167 a day later. As a result, it did not arrive in TLV until just after midnight on Saturday. There is no luggage delivery on Saturday in Israel and we would have had to wait until Sunday - at which point we were heading to a more remote destination in Israel, so delivery would not have been possible. As a result, I had to take a cab to and from TLV to pick up the luggage myself; round trip cost was ~$120. Is this something that I can claim as well?