FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2021/22 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old May 9, 2022, 9:26 am
Tootall33

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
That sounds like the standard pushback. And while BA has a bit of a stronger argument here, nevertheless at their home base they should be able to find a pilot fit enough to fly. Maybe a bit of a delay but not for over 24 hours. Moreover there would have been other services that BA could have put you on but presumably chose not to deploy. So to my mind this one is on BA. Usual thing, ask BA to confirm that their answer will not change and then off to CEDR. If you have a UK base you can speed things up via MCOL.
Thank you - does one just reply to the email to ask if their answer will not change? Also is it possible they would rescind the expenses offer (It stated they had 'raised' a bank transfer) in this case - they were very generous as my hotel room was £450? (Apologies for appalling typos in previous post - clearly my excitement at getting a repsonse so relatively swiftly overcame me!)