FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2021/22 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old May 9, 2022, 9:21 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Tootall33
HI there all,
Your thoughts gratefully received on this one. My flight TLV-LHR was cancelled and I was put on a new flight the next day, 27 hours later. We were told at the airport that one of the pilots had tested positive in London so they had cancelled the flight. I submitted the request for the EU compensation and some expenses and I have just reveived a reply that the claim is being denied due to Covid, but they will grant the expenses. Seeing as the flight was oringinating in home base does the collective wisdom feel that I should push back / go to MCOL/CEDR / take my expenses and run? For anyone's interest in terms of timing - I sumbitted on the 3rd March, received numerous 'bear with us' emails and got the respnse mentioned above today. Thank you for your thoughts/experiences on this one, the compensation would be nice as missed a day of expensive university course and a long-planned family dinner in those 27 hours!
That sounds like the standard pushback. And while BA has a bit of a stronger argument here, nevertheless at their home base they should be able to find a pilot fit enough to fly. Maybe a bit of a delay but not for over 24 hours. Moreover there would have been other services that BA could have put you on but presumably chose not to deploy. So to my mind this one is on BA. Usual thing, ask BA to confirm that their answer will not change and then off to CEDR. If you have a UK base you can speed things up via MCOL.