FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Possible need for last minute reschedule due to positive Covid test
Old May 7, 2022, 8:56 pm
DFW_CK

Programs: AA Concierge Key, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diam
Originally Posted by stephanos99
My wife and I have a trip planned to Bali (DPS) from the US on AA/QR 5/11-5/26 (booked thru AA). Itinerary is in business class (paid ticket). Both my wife and I are AA platinum.

My wife felt symptoms and tested positive on 5/5 (as of now, I am negative). She's already on the Covid pills and feeling much better, butI doubt that she'll be able to get a negative PCR test by 5/10 (PCR test required by Indonesia within 48 hours of departure). If we wanted to change our ticket by a few days (PCR test can be waived if you have a recent recovery letter, but you typically can't get that letter prior to 10 days after positive test), does AA treat this as a regular ticket change (i.e. no change fees but you have to pay fare difference), or are there different rules if you need to make a last minute change due to a positive test? We have travel insurance, but all they would cover is refunding anything we can't recover if we canceled the trip. There is no coverage for changes before the trip has commenced. If it's just a regular ticket change, anything that I look at 5+ days out from original departure date is almost 4 times the original ticket cost (or more).

Note to moderator: I searched the "AA Trip Cancellation & Coronavirus: Discussion & Questions" thread but I didn't find an answer relevant to my question, plus the last few questions on that thread have gone unanswered, going back for 2 months. If there's another relevant active thread, please feel free to move my question there. Thanks
Sorry to hear about your wife and hope she feels better soon. Your hit will be fare difference unfortunately; no accommodations made for the positive test:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...us-updates.jsp