FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US to require air travelers to provide a negative test within 1 day of departure
Old May 7, 2022, 7:58 pm
friedablass

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by gnomey
yes, it is.

but I would like to see someone with a test time stamp of T-47h59m who manage to fly successfully each time without the rigmarole of questioning.

a conservative stance will make your life easier. but if T-24 cannot be done for whatever reason, it is not the end of the world.
I have flown back several times with tests taken more than 24 hours prior to my flight to the USA and was never questioned. As long as the date was 1 calendar day prior we were good to go. Just my personal experience but as with many other things in life YMMV.

Also wanted to share an experience I had earlier this week flying back to the US with several family members. We were a total party of 10 and we used a mix of proctored tests: BinaxNOW, ihealth, and flowflex with Azova. We did not have access to a printer so I saved all the PDF test results to my phone and had them ready to show at check in. After I showed the guy the third result, I guess he got bored of waiting for each PDF to load and looking at them on my phone and he just asked me "so, where all the tests negative?". I answered that of course they were, otherwise we wouldn't be here. He asked me to show him 1 more test for a name he chose at random which I did and also asked me to confirm again that all the others were negative (because he could get into trouble of they weren't), which I did as well and we were good to go.

I am not going to say which airport or airline, but this was not a third world county (far from it) and a main stream commercial airline. I know this is not an indication of the usual expenses with showing proof of negative result, but it just showed me that as we already know the airlines are not really interested in enforcing this but they are being forced to do so.