FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hertz Completely Gutted PC/Upgrades?? Am I missing something???
Old May 6, 2022, 10:53 pm
PKTRCR

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat, DL Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Enterprise Plat
Originally Posted by Stygian7
This

beyond that, I really don’t understand the desire to upgrade on a rental car to a BMW or Tesla. Maybe it’s just me, but it’s a car you have for short term; don’t get to take it home or obtain any value from the “investment”. When I rent a car, agreed, I don’t go for a subcompact…generally always a full sized car, but that’s because there are too many suburbans on the road and I don’t want to be a victim of the law of physics.

also, before you lecture me on “the ultimate driving machine” theory, I understand the difference. My daily driver is an RS7; and yes, I miss it when I’m behind the wheel of a Chevy Malibu, but I’m not about to pay extra to have a rental car that feels like home. I can even see doing so on an occasional splurge if such a vehicle is out of reach, but it doesn’t sound like this is an issue of occasional significance to you.

so to be fair, I drive an S5 Sportback so yes when I’m spending a week away from home schmoozing clients, I want something more like what I’m used to in my morning commute lol.