FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why do some UA's EWR international flights arrive at B and depart C - such as EWR-JNB
Old May 5, 2022, 7:36 pm
eng3

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Since few do international to international connections, the international to domestic connection (with change of aircraft nearly always) is the awkward case (combined with customs, immigration and not transit option).
For most major USA airports, international and domestic are separated to varying degrees
In the USA, Domestic to international is easier schedule / operate as there is not exit immigration.
At UA hubs, SFO, DEN, IAH, IAD, I do not need to go outside (onto the street) in order to transit Intl-domestic. This makes it much less awkward and time consuming. I was just saying that ORD seems similar to EWR in that respect (when arriving at B and leaving from C). I guess LAX too, at least arriving early. While the behind the scenes reason may differ, it's pretty much the same to the passenger.