FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz-Carlton Cancun (Mexico) [Master Thread]
Old May 5, 2022, 12:30 pm
Crossinator

Programs: Delta PM
Just stayed here for a few days. Here are my thoughts:

Originally Posted by hhoope01
3. Very doubtful. Suite upgrades isn't part of the Gold elite benefits and you already have a suite. And Club access upgrades is not part of any elite upgrade benefit. The next upgrade would be to a full Oceanfront suite. And even the top level elites probably won't get those as an upgrade.
I booked the cheapest room (Ocean View Suite), and during check-in, they upgraded me to the Ocean Front Suite. They put us on the 7th floor which also has the bigger balconies! I didn't even ask for an upgrade.
Service was amazing, everyone working there was attentive. Pool food and drink prices were surprisingly reasonable. Fantino dinner was absolutely amazing (except for the Filet Mignon). Breakfast buffet for $40 USD per person was great (bottomless free alcohol too).
Rooms are definitely outdated but they get the job done (just feels old school). My worst gripe was the wifi; slow wifi irks me so much when I have to work.
Hotel felt like 30% capacity. The sargassum was absolutely ridiculous so did not go into ocean.

Would I come back? Probably not. Memorable stay though