FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Covid-19 Flight cancellations, rebooking, and refunds | Help and advice thread
Old May 3, 2022, 12:56 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by cmurphy2005
Hello everyone. First post after a long time enjoying the usefulness of this forum, I'm looking forward to being a part of the community.

I've tried to find the answer to this but could not after a few searches. I've had the LAX-LHR leg cancelled in a CW itinerary in late September LAX-LHR-MAD. I could benefit from the added flexibility and as it's still over 4 months away, don't want to pick a new flight just yet. Is there any time limit before which I need to select my new flights? Or I could theoretically wait until a few days before the outbound leg to select my preferred flight?
​​
Welcome to Flyertalk. I wouldn't leave it too long just in case flights fill up, but late September is quite a way off and as you only get one bite of the cherry there is often merit in leaving it until nearer the time. I often advocate people do not rush to do things the second a flight is changed. To give on example you may in th end decide not to travel and thus want a cash refund - if you have already rebooked then that option goes off the table. But maybe early August have another look at this.