FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Covid-19 Flight cancellations, rebooking, and refunds | Help and advice thread
Old May 3, 2022, 10:03 am
SK AAR
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by s1362083
We're catching an afternoon LH flight from FRA so the evening flight on the original day of travel is simply not an option. We can send BA the LH tickets to prove why we have no other viable option than overnighting. I realise the same day connection had some risk but obviously this isn't irrops on the day of travel (which was the risk I calculated I was happy to take).

The airport Hilton is pricing up just under £200 on our dates with marriott quite a bit higher. We are travelling with 3x bikes so it's extremely awkward luggage and we would need multiple large taxis to transfer to a non terminal hotel. So again, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that to be reimbursed. We could share rooms, it's not ideal but I think 2x rooms between the 3 of us is probably a reasonable compromise.
You having a separate ticket on LH is hardly a concern of BA/has anything to do with BA.

As I recall it there are several other hotel options in the vicinity of FRA airport. GBP 200/nt is quite expensive for FRA. For your own sake you should look for something cheaper. Again, you having "extremely awkward luggage" is hardly of relevance here/is of no concern to BA.