FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Covid-19 Flight cancellations, rebooking, and refunds | Help and advice thread
Old May 3, 2022, 5:31 am
SK AAR
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by s1362083
My early morning LHR-FRA has been cancelled and rebooked onto 7pm departure same day. I need to be there for the morning so will have to travel on the 7pm departure the day before.

In a similar situation last time, BA reimbursed me for the hotel stay for my booking but my family member in same situation was denied reimbursement. Is this an area where we're reliant on BA's goodwill or is it a clear cut duty of care issue? (Keeping in mind they're rebooked us on evening flight which is +12h from original departure and I'm asking for -12h departure, which then triggers need for hotel.

Secondly, I'm travelling with 2 friends on this booking and ideally we wouldn't want to share rooms. Are we ok to book 3x rooms at up to £200/night or is the expectation that we would share a room?
You have been rebooked to another same day flight. If you wish to travel the day before, I don't see this has anything to do with BA, i.e. it is your costs. Maybe you will be able to get BA to reimburse the hotel, but I wouldn't count on it.

If the 3 persons are in the same booking it will be easier to get imbursement of 1-2x 200 GBP than 3x 200 GBP. I don't think it is reasonable to claim 3x GBP 200 in this situation.

There is no cheaper hotel option than GBP 200 /night? At FRA GBP 200/nt is a lot for a hotel room and can be found cheaper elsewhere, even in the city centre.