FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
View Single Post
Old May 2, 2022, 7:18 pm
KRUXED

Originally Posted by Alfonso904
Wow, I would be so stressed! How big is MLE airport and was it fast to get through security to board the plane? How far is the seaplane dock from the check in gate at the airport? What time was first light as well?

I apologize for all the questions lol, just trying to plan this through!
we were pretty stressed! The Conrad staff was very helpful. While we had to wait in the security lines, they were able to speak to the officials and shuffle us through to the front. They also communicated with the Air France check in desk that we are at the airport and they waited for us. We were probably checked in by 9. At 9:05, we were beyond check in but at immigration; Conrad staff couldn’t go that far. There were several others on our flight in line that asked immigration to let us skip to the front. That request was denied and they assured us the airline knew we had checked in and we would be okay. It sounded like the early morning departures anticipated late seaplanes. Sure enough, we boarded late and were far from the last….. we also arrived in Colombo in time and departed as scheduled for Paris.

From the sea plane the Conrad bus still needs to collect your bags and drive to the terminal. The airport is pretty small tho. The Conrad staff was great and they were never in doubt. They seemed connected. I’m not sure other resorts have the same “pull” tho

Edited to add that our seaplane left around 630. Hotel didn’t give us our details until close to 11pm the night before. (Also, check in is after security at MLE)

Last edited by KRUXED; May 2, 2022 at 7:37 pm