FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Denied Boarding b/c of Computer Problem -- Compensation
Old May 2, 2022, 2:58 pm
jayer

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
I'll Probably Hate Myself For Jumping Into an Emotionally Charged Thread; But. . . .

Originally Posted by TLVflyer
Friends,

I was travelling from PHX to LHR and arrived at the check-in desk 90 minutes before departure. For an inexplicable reason, the agent could not check us in, prompting calls to their support team, back and forth to the gate and even to London. Five agents worked on it diligently, and got it to work and then not work and then work, etc, until they sent the flight without us.

They could not have been nicer, but we were denied boarding involuntarily and were delayed in our arrival by 24 hours.

All of the online sites that I read -- including the USDOT and AA websites -- describe Denied Boarding Compensation in the context of oversold flights. This was not an oversell -- but it was 100% AA's fault, and their faulty system caused our delay and our inconvenience.

What are the rules here? Can I ask for compensation? Will I get it? How much is it for? How do I do it? Anyone have experience with this?

Thank you!
Why didn't you check in from home the day before? At least I thought last time we went to London they let me do so online.

Last edited by jayer; May 2, 2022 at 3:01 pm Reason: I'll Probably Hate Myself For Jumping Into an Emotionally Charged Thread; But. . . .