FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium economy coming spring 2022
View Single Post
Old May 2, 2022, 1:25 pm
intuition
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
There is no way to put this politely, but I sense Finnair has turned into a clown company.

Imagine your company going public with the plans for a brand new product offering. Imagine you get 4,5 years advance notice and in your domains lie the responsibility for "uppsell".
Sure, you are a very busy and important manager but don't you think you would have have spent at least a few days working through the product codes, the price codes, the code structure and such?

Imagine your company has a 20+ year history of offering upsell at discounted prices to an important client segment. Do you see yourself spending a few days during the 4,5 years making sure the new product is integrated to this long standing policy and making sure it is going to be well received in this segment?

Imagine your company has talked about digitalisation for years. Can you see yourself spending a few days making absolutely sure tech department is integrating the new product into all your sales channels? Especially the upsell structure, because you have an important client group whose loyalty with the company depend on the upsell model?

Finally, do you see yourself making sure there is a clear and timely communication to all your customers and all the service staff of the company?

How de fakk can Finnair, after 4,5 years, not have it all figured out on the supposed day of product launch? Zero communication to tier members. Zero communication to customer service. But hey, let's publish a table on our website and call it a day.

Well, I need to change my initial statement. Finnair isn't even a clown company, because clowns can at least make you laugh at their foolishnesses.