FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sticker shock for Summer Domestic UA fares
Old May 2, 2022, 12:59 pm
emcampbe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nomad420
Just tried booking LIT - SEA end of June and the pricing was obscene (over $1K coach). Will see if AS is any better. To the comments above the people that I am traveling with said they can get to Singapore for not much more!!
yup - I just booked SFO-SIN for the summer at a little <$1100. Though not on a non-stop, this is the ‘old’ way to SG via NRT (and YVR - it’s AC for us this time, which I realize has its own issues, but this trip will get me probably 2x PQM compared to a UA metal routing, and will guarantee our premier renewal for next year).

interestingly enough - we are doing this to get to India - where fares were pricing ~$2K/person - doesn’t matter where in India (more than I’ve ever paid CVG-MAA/BLR at peak Xmas time). UA was even higher than anyone else, pretty much. Even with staying a day or two each way in SIN, hotels, separate flights to S. India. etc, it’s still going to save ~$500/person (x 4), and I’ll be honest, an excuse to get a couple of days in Singapore for me is a bonus. Looked at doing the stop part in BKK instead, but fares were priced ~$200 higher/person, at least when I booked, and honestly prefer Singapore to Thailand unless we are going to get some resort time in Thailand, which wasn’t going to happen this year. So I think we came out ok on this.

we unfortunately haven’t planned anything out the rest of the summer, but we’re looking at a quick weekend SFO-PHX which is pricing out at ~$350+ when I looked. Not $1K, for sure, but still a lot for a ~1300 mile round trip between two major cities.