FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Renaissance Vendome Paris [Master Thread]
Old May 2, 2022, 6:54 am
GregWTravels

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
I just finished a reward stay here for 3 nights. I am Titanium Lifetime status. I got a corner balcony room, which certainly looked a bit bigger than some of the other balcony rooms. It was a pleasant stay. Room and bedding was very comfortable.

Bathroom had both a tub and shower. I only used the shower, but had no issues with either pressure or hot water (though my showers were all in the morning). Toiletries were TokyoMilk by Margot Elena.

The TV only had a few of channels in English - BBC World News, Sky, CNN, France24 – basically if you wanted news you were covered, otherwise, non. However, you can connect your device to the TV and watch from your device, which probably covers most people nowadays. As an elite I received free enhanced internet. It worked without issue. I even did a video conference call during my time at the hotel, and it was absolutely fine.

There is no lounge, so for elites breakfast is served in the restaurant. There was a selection of pastries, cured meats, smoked fish, salads, cheeses & breads, plus you can get eggs to order. Coffee and tea are made to order, plus fruit juice and water.

When checking in they let me know that they did a free cocktail from 6 to 7 each evening in the lobby. I headed down at 6 on the first day to try it out. Each evening the cocktail on offer was the same, a creation called “The Green Beast,” consisting of absinthe, lemon, cucumber and water. It was light, and not very alcoholic tasting. I’m guessing it wasn’t too heavy on the absinthe and probably a lot more cucumber water.

I didn't get room service, but it is provided by the restaurant in the lobby called Balagan, which is middle eastern restaurant so the dishes on offer reflect that. I did have a cocktail in the bar one night. The bar is very plush, red velvet lounge. The cocktail I had was very good, but also went straight to my head so I didn't dare try another unless I wouldn't be able to stumble out to find dinner.

I have a report in the Trip Report forum has some additional photos of the hotel.

Last edited by GregWTravels; May 2, 2022 at 7:09 am