FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can't select a seat online for just 1 of 4 legs in a BA itin. Why not? :\ (OWE)
Old May 1, 2022, 1:32 pm
Ford Fairlane

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
I spent half an hour refreshing the chatbot with 'speak to agent' every few minutes, as it instructs. Then I got to an agent (a less experienced one, I think), and it took about half an hour for this agent to figure out what was going on, then another half hour working through technical issues to assign a seat. Finally reported success and gave me a seat number. But that was over an hour ago, and it's still not reflected on the site or in the app. I'll wait another hour, and if the seat assignment isn't showing on my end by then, I'll start over.

On the plus side, I guess: I actually got through to a human before being disconnected.

ETA: Decided to try 'Manage My Trip' using the different record locator that had been associated with the original FCO/LHR booking, even though that locator no longer shows on the itin with the other three segments. There, it reflects the seat assignment the agent reported to me.

So, yes, thank you, @NZZO, for the helpful tip. But it's still odd about the dual record locators. And here I thought Alaska Airlines was the only one with some kludgy oddities in their IT systems.

Last edited by Ford Fairlane; May 1, 2022 at 1:44 pm Reason: ETA something else I tried