FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A question for cabin crew re: gifts / chocolates
Old May 1, 2022, 2:05 am
Tredders

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, Hyatt Globalist
A question for cabin crew re: gifts / chocolates

Probably a daft question, but something I’ve been wondering for a while; I’ve read about people bringing a (sealed) box of chocolates on a flight as a gift for cabin crew. What’s the reaction to this from the cabin crew? Is there an official policy about accepting chocolates etc? I read a thread on TripAdvisor where the reaction was “US based airlines have a policy of throwing away any food gifts given” but don’t know if this is true or not.

Reason I ask is that I’m flying quite regularly to the US (from the UK) and have thought of doing this before, but not sure if it’s acceptable/appropriate/appreciated. Last thing I want is any awkwardness! I should say that the intention is not to gain an upgrade / free stream of unlimited champagne / any kind of preferential treatment. It would just be a small gesture to say thank you for doing what I consider to be a difficult job!

My flights are generally BA operated, but next weeks is a BA ticket on an AA flight. Generally I’m lucky enough to fly F.

Thanks in advance for any info.