FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flex Your Free Night Awards ("Award Night Top Offs") discussion thread
Old Apr 30, 2022, 12:12 pm
ajf87

Programs: AA EXP, HA PL, Hilton 💎, Marriott Ti, Wyndham/Caesars 💎, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Which is probably what you want at least 90% of the time.
Not if you have multiple award nights from card anniversary, spend, sign-up bonuses, and status welcome choices. I had to call in for two nights at a 40k/night property because the website was only giving me the option of applying an 85k point certificate for the second one, not my other 35k point certificate that expires later.

Still worth it, a $500/night room for a 35k certificate plus 5k points is a good deal.

EDIT:
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Exciting news for Marriott Bonvoy® members — now you can combine your Free Night Award with up to 15,000 points. That means if you have a Free Night Award with a value of 35,000 points, you’re able to access more stay dates at hotels and resorts that have a redemption value of up to 50,000 points. Whether you’re planning a beachside retreat or mountaintop getaway, discover even more destinations worldwide. As a reminder, should you choose to modify an existing reservation in any way, it may impact the points needed to redeem the stay, which may go up or down depending on the dates. Certain hotels have resort fees. Let us know how you plan to enjoy your free nights in the comments below! If you have questions about this new redemption option, check out our FAQs.
Also, haven't you gotten the memo?

https://loyaltylobby.com/2022/03/29/marriott-bonvoy-terms-conditions-changes-march-2022/?omhide=true

Your company no longer gives out free nights, only "flexible award stays." I'm still paying a resort fee for my "free" nights at most places.

Last edited by ajf87; Apr 30, 2022 at 12:21 pm