FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2150 Firearms
Thread: 2150 Firearms
View Single Post
Old Nov 22, 2004, 10:08 pm
SDF_Traveler

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by TSAJohn
Since the Aviation and Transportation Security Act was signed into law on November 19, 2001, the TSA has found 2,150 firearms. Kind of scary isn't it?
That is scary (not kind of) -- anyone bringing a firearm through a checkpoint needs more than a civil fine. They need criminal charges pressed against them. Accident/mistake or not, there is no excuse for this one... It should be explained to the Judge (or Jury) if any excuses exist -- including any "VIPs", which I've noticed prosecutors haven't gone after in some cases because they felt it was an "honest mistake".

I agree with you completely on this. I don't own a gun, but if I did, you can be certain I wouldn't be bringing it to the airport with me. A gun is something you just don't "forget". I have friends and co-workers with a conceal and carry permits (this is Kentucky) -- I don't see them as the type who would bring a gun to an airport, and if they did (even though I doubt they would have ill intent), they would have consequences to face... mistake or not.

Best,

SDF_Traveler