FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - questions on whether to go for lifetime PLAT
Old Nov 22, 2004, 9:22 pm
ja_user
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP (1.5MM), Hilton/SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
No, what is being said is that a rumour indicates AA will no longer allow non-"Butt-In-Seat" miles t count for lifetime status, much as BIS miles are the only ones (other than EQP) to qualify for annual status.

Though several folks have mentioned the scarcity of new Kellogg's coupons with distant expiry dates. That's an enitrely different issue, but maybe Kellogg's and American are diminishing / discontinuing their longtime relationship? Now, that's a cereal, er, serious issue... :snap, crackle & pop:

(Or as I learned as a child, "pim, pum & pam.")

When I said Kelloggs, I meant it as an example. I just forgot to type the word "lifetime" before my word miles.... To much beer I guess... Regardless. I will never expect to get the MM status without programs like Kelloggs, Eggo, Etc. And Quite frankly, they probably make more money off of these at 1-2 cents/mile than my actual flights, as they don't actually have to provide a service. Since I do not redeam them for free tickets, only upgrades when seats are available.