FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards
Old Apr 27, 2022, 11:53 am
cheshirepete

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
Originally Posted by cheshirepete
An update from me. I’ve had my card about 2 weeks now with the £200 limit. I’ve been making small transactions in the meantime. I’d previously uploaded the PDF statements twice and a few days later got the “cannot clearly read” email, and to do it all again, I’m not clear at this point if this is an automated system which tries to read the files, or human, as the PDFs are as clear as anything!

Anyhow, I decided to upload a 3rd time today, but try sending them as JPEGs instead, thinking perhaps their system is having issues with PDFs. However all 4 JPEGs kept saying they couldn’t accept them even at the point of uploading! Couldn’t fathom this at all. I gave up, and then decided to re save my original bank PDFs via Adobe as perhaps they were in a strange format from the Halifax. I then got multiple errors trying to even do these. After 3 attempts I managed to upload them And got the Green tick.

Its a bit shambolic really, so I see what happens this time around, I might retry this once more again if this fails, as the files from Halifax have underscores in them, and I’m still thinking it’s some stupid little thing like this which is causing Barclays to keep saying they can’t read them!
Another update from me, having been in the Upload your documents/them replying can’t see them clearly loop!

Did it a 3rd time last Thursday after resaving the PDFs rather than sending the raw ones downloaded from my Bank. Whether a coincidence or not I’ve now this evening finally been assigned a nice credit limit!

Those of you who may have given up with this document upload fiasco, it was 3rd time luck for me, although it has taken since April 1st to get over this final obstacle!

” Thanks for uploading your income info – you’ve now got a higher credit limit of £xxxx.If you applied for a balance transfer, you’ll need to request it again – just make sure the amount you’re asking for isn’t more than 90% of your available credit limit.
If you’ve got a promotional offer, you’ve only got until 03 June 2022 to make your transfer. “

Last edited by cheshirepete; Apr 27, 2022 at 1:39 pm