FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards
Old Apr 27, 2022, 2:10 am
NicholasMAN

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by windym
Sign into Barclaycard, at the top go into your details and scroll down to alerts and reminders. Click into monthly spend and change it to a high figure. Mine was set at £500 and when I tried to pay a £600 bill I was declined. Went into the limit and raised it and all sorted. Hope it works for you.
Thanks again for that. All those alerts were switched to off anyway, but possibly because the figure had been defaulted to £500 (why?!!) its caused a problem. I've now amended it to £10K.

Another oddity has now cropped up ....... as an alternative to spending another 40 minutes on the phone to India trying to sort out the car insurance transaction, I used my Curve card instead, with the default card in the wallet now being my Barclaycard (it was previously Cap on Tap).

Ignoring the fact that it had previously taken another two calls to Barclaycard fraud department in India to get my card 'successfully' loaded in my Curve wallet, the transaction appears to have been successful (I have an email from AXA thanking me for renewing) however the transaction is completely absent from my Curve app and my Barclays account, even in pending transactions, even though its now the following day.

I still have no idea whether the transaction will eventually 'bounce' or not, and previously any transaction, however small, with Cap on Tap, pinged my phone to confirm the transaction. Simple. Seamless. Something which Barclaycard definitely is not.

This should be simple bread-and-butter stuff to Barclays. To be honest, I've had more grief from this card than from all the other cards I've ever held in my lifetime, combined!