FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards
Old Apr 26, 2022, 12:49 pm
windym

Originally Posted by NicholasMAN
Even though most of us are used to the gold-standard service of AmEx - who set the bar very high for other banks - I've found the whole Barclaycard experience to be one total shambles after another. Like others on here, I cannot believe that a first world bank that's been doing credit cards for decades (I had my first Barlcaycard along with a Midland Bank Access card (remember those?!) back in 1981) can make such a complete hash of every aspect of the process - from failed initial applications, to damaged envelopes, to absent PINs, to ludicrous credit limits, to Curve wallet failures, to Apple Pay failures, to App failures, to clunky websites, to 3D ID problems.

What a way to run a credit card launch.

I spent 36 minutes last week speaking to the fraud department (again) because of a persistent decline issue whilst trying to spend £600 on flights on line. It was resolved - eventually - and I was told that the problem would not happen again.

Today I tried to renew my car insurance for £500 and guess what? Declined.

Complete and utter shambles.
I had this problem initially. More by luck and judgement I found a spending limit on my card of £500 for a single transaction automatically set. Easy to remove through Barclaycard online and no problems since. Hope this helps