FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA "Sticker" / 500-mile & EXP "UDU" Complimentary Upgrade Policy / FAQ
Old Apr 26, 2022, 9:53 am
ATOBTTR
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I called AAdvantage Customer Service earlier today to ask about having my 500 mile stickers converted to something other than Loyalty Points. Rep said he had to submit a request form to AA and that AA will (or is supposed to) get back to me within 2 days with alternate options. I only have 4 stickers which I bought nearly a decade ago and the CC I used isn't even active anymore so a "refund" probably isn't an option, but I'd be happy with an AA voucher for an equivalent amount or a chunk of miles since 1,000 LPs would be pretty meaningless to me.

I'll report back on what AA offers me once I get a response. Will be interesting to see if my offer is in-line (on a per sticker basis) with the offer KrisKT received.

Originally Posted by KrisKT
I had 10 (recently purchased) out of 12 remaining upgrade coupons and I had called the AA service desk to ask about a refund. They responded a few days later by email. I was offered a refund of $400 to my credit card (the amount I paid for 10), a $400 travel voucher, 50,000 AA miles or 2500 Loyalty Points. The other 2 earned ones will just get the 250 Loyalty points in exchange.

What should I do? I am leaning towards just getting reimbursed or the 50K miles.
If you take The Points Guy's evaluation at face-value, TPG rates AA miles at 1.77 cents/mile as of April 2022 so the 50K miles would be worth ~$885 but of course any value of miles is relative to the specific case of how you use them.
https://thepointsguy.com/guide/monthly-valuations/