FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)
Old Apr 24, 2022, 5:16 pm
SkyTeam777
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I find the new hot towels to be a step up since they are actually wet compared to the small ones that often were dry in the center. But, they give a poor impression for how they look and also that they can be soaked. These are the towels many premium airlines use in Economy, and I think that DL uses them in the back.

On another note, I think the lack of tray meals on Eagle flights is embarrassing. Just flew GSO-DFW, and it was a boxed meal very similar to what AA trialed earlier in the pandemic and got stiff backlash for how cheap it looked. It was like a boxed lunch at school or a conference. Protein PM or Veg PM box, both were hard to eat on flimsy tables with lots of little plastic boxes. If this is a pandemic-related, supply chain issue, then I understand, but this cannot be the new standard going forward?! It's like saying people flying from smaller/medium airports cannot appreciate full dining service (even if cold!).

I understand that logistically airports without catering need a shelf-stable meal, but serve people in a civilized way on a tray. Not in a box. These are people that pay a lot to fly in this cabin. And if it's geared toward lowest-common-denominator upgrade pax, then that's just cannibalizing the product's value and perception even further. So grateful food is back, but it needs work!