FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA schedule changes - flight change / cancellation / refund policy (consolidated)
Old Apr 24, 2022, 4:18 pm
anabolism

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by MGW2000
Anyone have experience with a web special award (in F)? It was booked SJC-LAX-LHR with an original 2:30pm departure, but SJC-LAX was changed to a 9am flight (so more than 1 hour).

Agent on the phone said no co-terminals (ie. no SFO -LAX at the same time as original flight) and no Joint Business (so no BA). Seems fairly stringent. Is that right?
Web Specials have to be AA prime flights only. No codeshares, no partner airlines. You'll need to find alternate AA flights that will work for you. My suggestion is to pick another SJC-LAX flight. If need be, do an overnight in LAX.

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Ask via Twitter and provide the specific flights you want to be re-accommodated on (ideally using AA codeshares if you're trying to move to BA) and they may be more helpful. Don't mention anything about it being a web special, having tried to change it before, etc. Keep it short and to the point.
Yes, except that codeshares are never allowed on an award, and Web Special awards must be AA prime flights only (no partner airlines).

Originally Posted by MGW2000
Is the twitter team the same as the chat function in the app?
In my experience, they are very different teams. Twitter team is usually quite good when dealing with very specific things, such as requesting alternate flights after a schedule change. In my experience, chat agents have been remarkably uninformed and seemingly unskilled. YMMV.