FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Queensland Testing on Arrival centre locations and requirements
Old Apr 24, 2022, 2:55 pm
tinkicker

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by airoli
Thanks for the posts and links upthread. I am still confused though - looking at an intl. arrival into BNE on the 28th (but in the morning, and changes taking effect at 6pm that evening only seem to be affecting unvaccinated travellers, which I am not). Do I need to do a PCR test on arrival (since for the country of my departure, Germany, the Commonwealth does not require pre-departure tests) or is an antigen test enough? It's a $20 / 60min to results difference at the BNE airport lab.

i went through the airport this weekend and did the rapid test on arrival with an airport place. chatting to people on the flight there was a general confusion.

In the end I was persuaded that the intent of the law is you test on arrival. And it only requires that test to be a pcr if “exempt commonwealth pre departure testing”. But that specific word ‘exempt’ in English means not required to do something others are required to do and you cannot be “exempt” from something that does not exist. (It’s the opposite to the argument I made up thread)

You may interpret it differently. the sample taker pointed out the number of people attending has collapsed since the 18th so clearly they all think they can just home test.