FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IB's catering & service during COVID-19
View Single Post
Old Apr 23, 2022, 1:30 pm
jongesander

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Yesterday MAD-ORD.

Nice start with a half glass of Cava before take off.

Cava before takeoff

After take off, a drink with nuts, olives or cheese. Oh, and a lukewarm towel before the drink.

Then, a starter with a choice of wines. So far, pretty nice service. Choose a white wine.

Then, it was time for the main meal. As I choose the veal, I would love to switch to a red wine. But that was not offered. Also no chance to ask, as the crew disappeared quickly.

Still, the main course tastes well.

The cheeses for desert where nice. Liked the wine as well.

So, not bad at all! Everything was served in a top high pace in my opinion, it is a daytime flight after all, but still no reason to complain.

After the crew cleared the table a long siësta for the crew started. For the next 7.5 hours there was no service. Not a single time the crew came to check if everyone needed something. There was no snack setup in the galley.

After a few hours I decided to ask for some red wine. It took some time before I get the attention of the crew, but after that they bring me a generous pour of red wine.

Then one hour before landing the pre arrival snack came and tasted good.

All in all, pretty good food. But the service was not really good. Friendly enough crew, but the crew clearly finished the service as quickly as possible and take their well deserved rest after that.