FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Service Director onboard upgrade
View Single Post
Old Apr 22, 2022, 3:12 pm
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ddaley
I am surprised to learn that this is considered theft of services. I was recently on a flight from YVR to YUL in late march seated in PE when a gentleman approached the FA asking to move from Y to PE as the PE cabin was quite open. FA called the SD and he told the SD that he was connecting to CDG and had a tight connection and wanted to sit as close to the door as possible. The SD told him he could move to PE after meal service which he did. Funny thing is the gentleman exited with me at YUL, he did not have a connecting flight. I asked him about his connecting flight as we were exiting and he told me he does it all the time so he can get off the plan quicker if the PE cabin is not full, he told me sometimes he is even able to get upgraded for the full flight. I was quite shocked as I had used upgrade certificates and he sat in the seat across from me and was served free drinks after he moved up. I had wondered if this might have been a frequent occurrence when flight loads were light?

Then to find out the SD could be fired over it? I am quite surprised as I would not put my job on the line and the SD was quite casual about facilitating the upgrade.
I would absolutely write in.