FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Problems with a lounge bartender (How would you handle a situation like this?)
Old Apr 22, 2022, 9:19 am
knit-in

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
The OP posted their 160k a year traveling rate. I used mine as a counterpoint saying that I’ve never been on the end of such devastating humiliation despite more than 2.5 million miles of travel.

I guess my point is that there are 2 sides to every story and we’re only getting one side here yet many seem to be ready to throw the bartender out on the streets. Why?

Having worked in the service industry both in fast food and as a barista, I’m reticent to believe fully a story of the angelic customer being put upon by the horrible service worker.
I have been a bartender, and I would always aim to please the customer. Not for tips, not for acknowledgement, but for enjoyment and pride in my work. Perhaps you didn't like your job as barista and had people complain as you mentioned up thread.

I have had my share of less than interested bartenders, but this one, from the sound of it, seems like quite a piece of work. Glad the OP took the right measures and hopefully she will be retrained. Getting fired just means she will take that unhappy attitude elsewhere. It isn't easy being a low income wage worker in these times, and the stress is bound to increase if fired.