FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat upgrade coupons
View Single Post
Old Apr 21, 2022, 2:46 pm
gpb_croppers63

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Originally Posted by Tennen
Thanks! The booking hasn't changed online - just looks like nothing's been done to it at all (which, I guess, is to be expected).

Thank you!! Yes, this is very helpful; it's exactly what I wanted to know. I knew before purchasing that it would be a married segments issue, thanks to you. Ideally, I'd like to upgrade both segments, but I saw that space was available only on one (for now). So, I'm hoping that everything will sort out - the one with availability clears soon, the other gets waitlisted, and I can call in to have the ticket reissued. Or, even better, if they open up space for the other segment and clear both together.

Yes, I should've just posted this question elsewhere, as it's unrelated to upgrades. (I may still do that. ) It is indeed an A3-issued ticket (with a ticket number), so I'd imagine that the charge will post soon.
I'm not sure how the lack of availability one one sector will affect this so if it were me, I would get the one with availability locked in now (i.e. cancel the request for the segment that's not available), as I have a sneaky suspicion that you will end up with neither clearing due to the lack of availability on one leg. This is only a hunch based on my experience of the system but I would always try to get segments with availability confirmed before waitlisting unavailable ones. Good luck!

P.S. I'm glad my information was helpful. Always happy to give advice where I can.

Last edited by gpb_croppers63; Apr 21, 2022 at 3:21 pm